Ok so here we go! On Thursday Oct 6 the frames will officially be a homeschooling family! This was something I wanted to try this year anyways but we moved into a neighborhood that had a AWESOME public school. So we tried it. Well is not AWESOME to me. The kids teachers were for sure awesome and I like them a lot. However, I can not stand the school policies, other children's behavior and worldly knowledge, the Principal, or the fact that I am not welcomed in the school they way I am wanting to be. (
ie the "hug line" and not being able to have lunch withe kids until the end of oct...ect..)
Cathedral was the most AWESOME amazing school experience ever for our family. To me this school is a dark shadow of what I expect a school to be for my kids. I feel that I should not have to lower my standards just because it is the school we are zoned for. I am not a public school hater. I know that there are some out of this world programs available in the public school as well as very skilled and intelligent teachers. But what I am wanting for my children is a God honoring education. "As for me and my household, we shall serve the Lord!" My children are spending 8 hours a day 5 days a week having to hide the fact that they LOVE Jesus and being exposed to the hateful things that the enemy has placed in this world and having to slow down their learning until the others catch up. I know that I can not shelter them from the world forever but I will for as long as I can. I want to teach with to navigate through life and do it with courage and passion for being a light in God's Kingdom!
SO pray for us in this new adventure. It's going to a fun and wild ride!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment